As more information becomes available we will update this page
The main sources of information are available online at
If you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus please register at GOV.UK
Only take up offers of help from people you know, or from organisations that you are already aware of and ask to check any ID. If you are concerned about people knocking on your door, please don’t forget you do not have to open the door to anyone you don’t want to.
Are you vulnerable and need support? Then sign up here or you can call on 03302227980
Silverline – support for older people
Age UK telephone befriending service sign up
Chichester District Food Bank – How to Donate
Chichester District Food Bank – How to Get Help
Become a pen pal : Marriot House & Lodge Care Home Pen Pal Initiative, Tollhouse Close, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1SG
The Government has announced a number of measures that they are putting in place to support employees, benefit claimants and businesses, which are listed in the following link:
The Government have now announced help for Self Employed workers
The government has also introduced the following help for the self-employed:
- Deferral of Self Assessment Income Tax payments due in July 2020 and VAT payments due from 20 March 2020 until 30 June 2020
- Grants for businesses that pay little or no business rates
- Increased amounts of Universal Credit
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme
Directors of their own company paid through PAYE, may be able to get support using the Job Retention Scheme
Chichester District Council has a number of schemes to help residents and businesses. You may find the following links helpful:
How can you help?
- panic buying is unhelpful, please encourage people to buy only what they need.
- please do not stockpile items such as toilet roll, this prevents everyone being able to maintain basic hygiene.
- please support your local foodbank if you are able to.
- check in on elderly and vulnerable neighbours, many may not have access to the internet for latest updates.
- if you are unwell, follow Public Health England advice to stay at home to avoid spreading germs.
- West Sussex County Council are co-ordinating volunteering across the district to effectively use the resources available and reach those in need. Those who want to offer support should complete the volunteering offer form
The Police are asking please only call 999 if it is an emergency and 101 if it is urgent. If you can, use our online services.
Sussex Police are creating a database of retired Police Officers, Specials and Police Staff who may wish to return to policing for a temporary period, and members of the public who may have specific skills that would be of use. Register your interest here
For information on how Sussex Police are responding to the coronavirus crisis is available at: https://www.sussex.police.uk/police-forces/sussex-police/areas/campaigns/campaigns/coronavirus-our-response/
This includes useful information on:
- If your car needs an MOT
- Driving to a location away from home to walk your dog
- Reporting a business that shouldn’t be open
- Dispersing groups of more than 2 people
- If you are on bail and self isolating
Support your local shops
Your local shops are rising to the challenge and are offering to deliver locally, but please be patient with them as most of these companies are small family businesses who do not have a fleet of delivery drivers.
Tom Hoar telephone 01243 673184
AS Wallace telephone 01243 673340
Munneries telephone 01243 672121
Horricks telephone 01243 672115
K & G Farm Shop & Pet Supplies (deliveries will be available on Tuesday and Thursday) telephone 01243 513403
The Old Piggery Farm Shop 01243 605455
Something Fishy 01243671153
Central Bracklesham 01243 670615 email orders: email@example.com
Birdham Animal Feeds 01243 512177
Milk & More (the more includes Fruit & Veg, Bakery and pantry goods and drinks)
Pharmacies most of the pharmacies have stated that they will deliver prescriptions for people who are already registered with them, but please give them a call if you need your presciption and you are self isolating.
Wittering Pharmacy 01243 672441
Boots (East Wittering) 01243 672145
Pharmacy Link 01243 671947
Lots of parents will now have their children at home with them all day please find below some suggestions to support them with their education.
– Curiosity Stream
– Beast Academy (Math)
– Khan Academy
– Creative Bug
– Discovery Education
– Crash Course Kids
– Science Channel
– SciShow Kids
– National Geographic Kids
– Free School
– Geography Focus
– Kids Learning Tube
– Geek Girl Diaries
– Mike Likes Science
– Science Max
Waste and Recycling Services, Westhampnett, Selsey & Wittering Mobile Tip
As of 23rd March 2020 West Sussex County Council have closed all Household Waste Recycling Centres which includes the Selsey and Wittering Mobile Centres. We will update you as more information becomes available.
Chichester District Council are responsible for the bin collections and further information is available at https://www.chichester.gov.uk/wasteandrecyclingfaqs
Total Attachments: 2