A Cold Weather Alert at level 3 (action) has been issued for the South East area in advance for Thursday 07 Dec and 0800 on Tuesday 12 Dec 2017 as arctic air will be arriving later, from Thursday. It will be cold through the daytime and night-time with biting winds.
If you know or look after someone you may be susceptible to the effects of this cold weather period please help make sure that they stay warm and well and check in advance that they are prepared for this cold spell.
- Stay tuned in to weather forecasts
- Check and maintain daytime room temperatures of 21C
- Check bedroom night time temperatures and maintain it at 18C or warmer
- Keep warm and active and if you have to go out dress warmly and wear non slip shoes.
- If you are concerned about your own health or welfare or that of others please alert the emergency services.
Met Office – Cold Weather Alert
PHE cold weather website
For health impacts of all hazards please see: